Friday, October 28, 2011

It's time

I have ignored this blog for over two years now and I suppose it's time to move myself along in this 'working' autobiography.

I was in the cleanroom estimating business now and after NEC we had many opportunities to bid cleanroom development projects for other chip manufacturers. Intel was the prime mover in this business and pretty soon other PCI branches were in the hunt for this work as well. Once that happened, my involvement slowed to a trickle and I would only help out on a few bidding projects each year. Even so, I tried to stay connected to the business as much as possible as I knew that this was the future for the company...the immediate future. As in all things, change happens and the Sacramento branch office wasn't looking at any new cleanroom work after the NEC project. Most of the work had moved to places like Arizona (Motorola and Intel) and New Mexico. (Intel) Massachusetts. (Intel) I even helped to put together an estimate for a Super Fab in Taiwan. We didn't get the job.

As I said earlier, things change and I was offered a position of Senior Instructor with the newly created Strategic Development Department within the company.

Now things got interesting...


No comments: